The Jim and Mary Lois Hulsman Undergraduate Library Research Award program recognizes excellence in undergraduate research that incorporates the use of University Libraries resources and demonstrates sophisticated information literacy skills. Student award winners receive a cash prize – $500 for 1st place, $300 for 2nd place, $200 for 3rd place – and recognition for their outstanding efforts. Submissions are posted in the UNM Digital Repository.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate at the UNM Albuquerque main campus at the time of project completion
- Have completed the research project or paper as part of UNM credit course or independent study undertaken in the past calendar year – spring, summer, or fall semester.
Original research projects completed by individuals or groups in all formats are welcome and may include:
- Research papers
- Design portfolios
- Digital projects
Questions about eligibility may be sent to email@example.com
There are two categories for submissions:
- Emerging Undergraduate Researchers – for students who have completed work in 100-level and 200-level courses.
- Advanced Undergraduate Researchers – for students who have completed work in 300-level and above courses.
Applicants agree to:
- Participate in the recognition program following the announcement of the awards.
- Grant the University Libraries the right to make their paper/project and essay available via limited license. Student authors retain copyright for all content created by them. Award-winning work will be included in UNM’s Digital Repository.
- Complete the online application form located in UNM’s Digital Repository. See the application instructions.
- Submit a copy of your research project or paper
- Write and submit a 500-750 word research statement describing your research strategies and use of library resources. See guidelines and rubric.
- Submit your bibliography. See guidelines and rubric.
- Request a statement of support from UNM faculty/instructor
Application Deadline – 2021 Application deadline will be announced in the fall of 2020
Winners Announced – After Spring Break
Awards Program – Early-April
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org