General ServicesStudents with a disability can register with the UNM Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) . Faculty and staff can register with the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO). Once registered, accommodations can include:
- paging books and other hard-copy materials from library collections.
- assistance with accessing digital library collections and resources.
- reformatting of digital library collections and resources (in collaboration with ARC staff).
Phone: (505) 277-3506
Accessible Study RoomThe Accessible Study Room is located in the southeast corner of the first floor of Zimmerman Library and houses various assistive devices provided by the UNM Accessibility Resource Center (ARC). This equipment primarily serves the needs of blind and vision impaired students. Lockers and private study areas are also available in the room for students with disabilities. Among the various devices provided, updated and maintained by ARC are:
- 8 Windows 7 Computers
- 1 Flatbed Scanner with a Sheet Feeder
- 1 Sheet Feed Scanner
- 2 private study rooms
- Software includes MS Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Jaws, ZoomText, Kurzweil 3000, Dragon Speaking Naturally
Study at the LibraryAll four libraries have adjustable height computer tables to accommodate wheelchairs.
Parish Library has a designated individual study room with priority use for students with a disability. The ARC maintains a computer in Parish Library that contains the standard range of accessibility software. Zimmerman LibraryThe Accessible Study Room is located in Zimmerman. Most group study rooms in all four branch libraries are wheelchair accessible.