Rooms and Spaces
Current Space ProjectsSee our current space projects page for information about our latest projects!
Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms are available at all our libraries.
- Reservable by UNM students, staff or faculty
- Reservations can be made for up to 2 hours
- Rooms are held for 15 minutes after the reservation
- Many study rooms have
Zimmerman Library Learning Commons
- computers and laptops
- power and connectivity
- secure recharging stations for your gadgets
- cloud printing
- free scanners
- popular reading collection
- portable dry erase boards
- great furniture for collaboration - booths, large chairs
- laptop check out kiosk
- treadmill desks
DEN 1 in Centennial Science and Engineering Library
Reserve a workstation in person using the reservation station located in DEN 1.
Dual monitor Macs and PCs loaded with special software – including the complete Adobe Creative Cloud – can be reserved.
- 3 Mac and 3 PC workstations with dual monitors
- Reserve for 3 hours and re-reserve if no one is waiting
- Reserve up to 2 weeks in advance
- NetID and password required
Installed software packages may change without notice. Currently installed packages include:
- Graphic Design & Photography: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom
- Gaming & App Design: Buildbox, GameMaker Studio Master, Stencyl, Xcode, Flash
- Video & Animation: Camtasia/Snagit Bundle, Premiere Pro, After Effects
- Data Manipulation: Anaconda, ArcGIS, IBM SPSS Stats, MatLab, Nvivo, QGIS, Stata
DEN 2 in Centennial Science and Engineering Library
Schedule a collaborative or virtual reality session online.
Reserve for up to 3 hours per day and up to 16 weeks in advance.
- HTC Vive virtual reality workstation
- 75” 4K flat screen and ceiling speakers
- PC and Mac mini desktops
- Cables to connect a laptop
- Apple TV
- Sony FDR-AX53 4K video recorder
- Webcam and 2 room microphones
- WiFi hub for better connectivity to Lobo WiFi
- Zimmerman Library - West Wing & Willard Room
- Zimmerman Library - Study carrels on 2nd & 3rd floor
- Centennial Library - East wing (periodicals area) of Lower Level 1
Graduate Student Commons
A dedicated space for graduate students in Zimmerman Library.
- Located just off the Zimmerman Library first floor lobby
- Open during normal library hours, and available exclusively to graduate students
A quietstudy space with tables and desk chairs, as well as comfortable armchairs
- Lockers are available along one wall
- Wireless access and outlets so students can use laptops or mobile devices
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic no events will be held in the Willard Room or West Wing until further notice.
Reserving the West Wing
Special events may be held in the Willard Room. Since the area is a popular quiet study space for students events are scheduled by the College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences Dean's office to ensure that these areas are minimally disrupted. Under current policy, music is not allowed in the Willard Room or West Wing. All University Libraries co-sponsored events also operate under these policies. The Willard Room cannot be reserved for group study use. Group study rooms can be reserved through the Reserve a Room page.
For information on the status of the project to cover the Adams Murals check the Campus Climate webpage.
- Event requests from UNM departments will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Requests for events during UNM finals weeks will only be approved on very rare occasions.
- Events must be scheduled during normal library hours.
- University Libraries does not have
eventor catering staff. The only approved caterer for events held in any of our spaces is UNM Food.
- The Willard Room can accommodate approximately 50 people and the Great Hall approximately 150 for lectures. Seating for catered events varies.
- Email the details of your event including date, time, the estimated number of attendees, purpose, set up needs, contact information and any other relevant information to Amy Vance-Mullins at email@example.com.
- Outdoor spaces around Zimmerman Library are managed by the Student Activities Center. Please contact them for space use requests.