Students and faculty members with a disability can register with the UNM Accessibility Resources Center
. Once registered, accommodations can include:
For additional assistance contact: UNM Accessibility Resources Center
- Print materials are paged and electronic library collections are retrieved for individual students as needed.
- No-charge photocopy services provided to students with disabilities requiring paper formats.
- Student-specific re-formatting of collections into usable formats is available (i.e., PDF to OCR conversion).
Phone: (505) 277-3506
Accessibility Resources Room
The Accessibility Resources Room is located in the southeast corner of the first floor of Zimmerman Library and houses various assistive devices provided by the UNM Accessibility Resource Center (ARC). This equipment primarily serves the needs of blind and vision impaired students. Lockers and private study areas are also available in the room for students with disabilities. Among the various devices provided, updated and maintained by ARC are:
- 8 Windows 7 Computers
- 1 Flatbed Scanner with a Sheet Feeder
- 1 Sheet Feed Scanner
- 2 private study rooms
- Software includes MS Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Jaws, ZoomText, Kurzweil 3000, Dragon Speaking Naturally
Study at the Library
All four libraries
have adjustable height computer tables to accommodate wheelchairs.
has a designated individual study room with priority use for students with a disability. The ARC maintains a computer in Parish Library that contains the standard range of accessibility software.
The Accessibility Resources Room is located in Zimmerman. In addition, there are two designated individual study rooms with priority use for students with a disability.
Most group study rooms
in all four branch libraries are wheelchair accessible.